Argan oil has always been used to treat certain skin conditions. This vegetable oil is also used as a support to mix essential oils and enjoy the properties of the latter.
Mainly known for fighting skin problems such as acne or eczema, argan oil is also a good way to recover young and healthy skin. It prevents effectively against wrinkles, stretch marks, muscle pain but also against cellulite. The cosmetic argan oil is not consumed, it's used only for massage.
There are several reasons why we can use essential oils mixed with argan oil. Either to alleviate the argan oil smell or to make the most out of their concentrated benefits.
Here are some essential oils that can be mixed with organic argan oil and improve the desired results. (These can only be used for massages)
- For a relaxing effect: Verbena, chamomile or Ylang Ylang essential oils
- Against cramps and other muscular pains: Wintergreen essential oil
- To overcome forked hair: Lavender essential oil
- Against cellulite: Lemon or Cypress essential oils
- For weight loss: Lemon, Mint or Tangerine essential oils
- Against wrinkles: Lemon essential oil
- For chapped lips: rosemary essential oil
- To fight asthma, cough and respiratory problems: Eucalyptus essential oil
- To fight acne: Geranium essential oil
- To alleviate the scars left by acne: lavender or tea tree essential oils